Am I a Virtous Woman? "Who can find a virtuous woman?" Proverbs 31:10 Virtuous - Having virtue... Virtue - A particul...
Am I a Virtous Woman?
"Who can find a virtuous woman?"
Virtuous- Having virtue...
Virtue- A particular moral excellence; courage; a desirable quality or trait
Character- A distinguishing feature of a person; a person having notable traits or characteristics; moral excellence and strength.
In my journey to having good character and to be virtuous I have run into some stumbling blocks. You would think this would be an easy task, but its not. The world throws us so many curve balls and lots of temptations that it makes it very difficult to stay on track. And the sad thing about it, this is the first verse, the first step to becoming a Proverbs 31 woman. I am sweating already!!
Some of the things to do that will build Proverbs 31 character,
1. Cultivate the desire- you have to want it. You cant just say you want to be of good character, you have to actually deep down in your heart want it. And you cant just let the world pass you by thinking you are obtaining it through many years of life. No, it doesn't work that way, you don't just get good character, you have to work for it!! How you may ask?
2. Give it time- don't be hard on yourself and think you have to do this overnight. It wont happen no matter how hard you try or think it into existence. The working part starts...now...
- Time reading God's Word- Making daily scripture reading is not only a good way to learn good character, it is essential to producing the foundation for the building blocks of becoming a Proverbs 31 woman. "As you spend time gazing into God's Word, the light of His truth brightens your motivation to live your life for His glory".*
- Time memorizing scriptures- This right here is the hardest part for me. But its helps when you are in a place of your life when you needs those words to bring living waters into your storm of drought and famine. When you memorize the Word you are also fulfilling the Word!! "I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You."- Psalm 119:9
- Time with other Godly women- This is all about encouragement. You cant go at this alone, no one can. Life is not meant for you to spend alone. Producing virtue and character is tough, and an example is always nice. When you get down and think you cant do it anymore, those friends are always there to pick you right back up.
* Any quotes or words I take from the book and add to my blog are for my own purposes and come solely from this particular book, so that way I don't have to add all the necessary mumbo-jumbo. I will just tag it with *, and we will all know it came from 'Beautiful in God's Eyes, by Elizabeth George...I don't want to have to write that in ever single time I use her words....thanks for understanding my laziness!!!